Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!  I know it's been a few months since I updated the blog, and we're already 13 days into 2013, but better late than never...right?!  The holidays sure were busy around here - in a good way, but I'm also a glad to be back to our normal, every day schedule.  

Savanna really enjoyed Christmas & New Year's....she was home for 11 days and it was great to have her around.  We had a few nights where her blood sugars dropped low, but she really does so great waking up and coming to get us in the middle of the night.  In fact, that's exactly what happened Christmas Eve night - C & I were already asleep in our bedroom, but since we occasionally fall asleep downstairs while watching TV, Savanna woke up around 4 am  and went downstairs to find one of us (I guess she was still half asleep and didn't realize we were upstairs).  Well, Santa had already visited, so of course she saw all the goodies under the tree when she went looking for us.  She actually didn't tell us she went downstairs until the next morning, when we woke up and I asked "Do you think Santa came?".  She said she already knew he did - lol!  Oh well - she was still excited enough to brush her teeth and go downstairs to see what he left :).

One of the goodies in her stocking was an adorable Medical Alert bracelet - I had been slacking on finding one for her, but Santa must have known she really needed one (I hang my head in shame every doctor's appointment when they ask), so she had a pretty purple one waiting for her Christmas morning.  She loves it!  The best part is that the actual ID part is detachable, so we can get or make different bands for her as she gets older.  I know C (the artistic one of the family) has some ideas to make her some fun bracelets. I'm pretty sure she loves it - she took it to school her first day back to show it off to her teacher, nurse, and friends!  Here is a picture of her showing off her new bracelet:

And a few more pictures from Christmas:
 So much fun!
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment